If you have been injured by a dentist, you should be aware that dental malpractice is medical malpractice and will be treated in a very similar way. Much like doctors, we place our trust and oral health in the hands of dentists and they must exercise due care in treatment of patients. But problems may, and often do, occur. Some common examples of dental malpractice for which you might have a case include:
- Unnecessary extraction of teeth
- Extraction of the wrong tooth
- Wrongful death from a dental procedure
- Nerve damage effecting the ability to taste or causing permanent numbness
- Failure to detect periodontal disease or oral cancer
- Dental product liability claim
- Anesthesia injury or death
- Treatment exceeding the scope of consent
As with medical malpractice, dental malpractice cases are difficult to prove and will most likely require litigation. However, if the injuries are severe and it appears that there may be liability it is absolutely worth speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss the merits of your case. If you have experienced any of the above injuries or other dental injury that caused serious injury or impairment in Rhode Island or Massachusetts, contact our office right away.
My office has experience handling dental malpractice cases throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. It is important that you contact an attorney with this unique experience and set of skills. If you believe that we can help you, contact our office right away.