Rhode Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Sound Representation For Injured Victims And Their Loved Ones In Rhode Island
Motorcycle accidents are almost always serious and it is imperative that you hire an experienced Cranston motorcycle accident attorney. In fact, approximately 3,000 motorcyclists are killed each year across the country. There are numerous factors that contribute to the high rate of motorcycle accidents. First and foremost, drivers of cars are unaccustomed to looking for motorcycles or bicyclists. Often while looking for other vehicles to avoid, a driver’s eye can miss a motorcycle. Unfortunately, a relatively minor car accident can result in a fatal motorcycle accident.
If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, it’s possible that negligence played a role. At The Law Offices of Joseph Lamy, our Cranston motorcycle accident attorney is happy to sit down with you and discuss the specifics of your case. In addition to English, we can assist you in Spanish or Portuguese and our attorney even gives out his personal cell phone number so that sound legal guidance is always just a phone call away.
Motorcycle Accident Information
The Department of Transportation commissioned a study of causal factors in motorcycle accidents. Among the findings:
- In multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in 2/3rd of these accidents;
- The failure of motor vehicle drivers to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the primary cause of motorcycle accidents;
- The typical motorcycle accident allows the motorcycle rider two seconds of reaction time to take evasive action;
- The view of the motorcycle, or other vehicles, is limited by glare or another object in almost half of all motorcycle accidents.
In addition, the study highlighted the potential for injury:
- The likelihood of injury for a motorcycle rider in an accident with a single vehicle is 96% and 45% resulted in serious injury;
- The most severe injuries occur to the chest and head;
- Fuel system leaks and spills were present in 62% of motorcycle accidents presenting an increased risk of fire and burns.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident you may be entitled to damages, including current and future medical bills, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, damages for scarring or road rash, damages for permanent injuries, and pain and suffering.
Why Hire A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
When the injury is serious it is very important that you hire the right attorney. It’s wise to hire a Cranston motorcycle accident attorney who has experience with serious or catastrophic injuries, understands the complexities of a motorcycle accident case and is willing to take the case to trial if necessary to obtain all the money to which you are entitled. It is always on us to drive defensively while the rest of the world is inattentive. If you have been injured while riding a motorcycle, it is important to call an attorney who understands the unique challenges that riders face. Call our office today for a free consultation.